Are you worried about the safety of your pool table? Are the dust and humidity causing you serious stress relating to pool table? Have you placed your pool table in an open atmosphere and you have no idea how to protect your pool table from worrisome factors which can cause the damage to the pool table?
It is made of Naugahyde yet very lightweight and easy to clean. Easy to wrap them when not in use and they don’t develop sharp corners and holes on wrapping, this wrinkle free factor gives them the long durability. Available in all sizes and various colors and designs, this is best bet in such average price.
Well, worry not players! Today we are going to explain to you how to take care of your pool table. We will explain in detail how different conditions can affect your pool table and how you can provide the necessary care by covering the top of the pool table.
You shouldn’t only worry when you decide to move the pool table or when your pool table is not level BUT Pool tables can be very sensitive to humidity, sunlight rays, an open-air atmosphere. Dust and other minute particles can cause such damages to the pool table which will not only shorten their wood life span but also damage the felt and other essential parts of the pool table.
We will discuss every aspect of the pool table covers which provides all kind of protection.
Table of Contents
Best Pool Table Covers:
There are different types of pool table covers which varies according to the pool table sizes.
6-foot Pool Table:
- Viper Pool Table Cover: (click to check current price on Amazon) viper specializes in providing the ultimate protection against sunlight, spills, dust, and other factors.
- Billiard Depot Leatherette Pool Table Cover: (click to check current price on Amazon) easy to clean and use, depot leatherette is well known among small table covers.
7-foot Pool Table:
- Cuestix Pool Table Fitted Naugahyde Cover: (click to check current price on Amazon) Cuestix name is well known, and its cover will never disappoint anyone.
- Fitted heavy-duty Naugahyde Pool table Cover for 7-foot by imperial: (click to check current price on Amazon) it may be costly but the protection it provides is almost not comparable.
8-foot pool table:
- Fitted Heavy Duty Naugahyde Pool Table Cover for 8-Feet Table by imperial: (click to check current price on Amazon) imperial specializes in creating the best pool table covers for your pool table, regardless of the fact that they are placed indoors, or they are installed outside in the open.
- Boshen Heavy Duty Fitted Leatherette Billiard Pool Table Cover: (click to check current price on Amazon) Boshen gives the best touches such as easily used and cleaned covers. They are super light-weight irrespective of being named as heavy duty.
9-foot Pool Table:
- NFL Billiard/Pool Table Accessory: (click to check current price on Amazon) Protective Slip Cover, One Size Fits All: As light as a single layer of cover, these covers are light weighted and have all the best qualities required by any pool table cover.
- Heavy duty Billiard/Pool Table Fitted Naugahyde Cover by cuestix: (click to check current price on Amazon) being a recognizable name, cuesitx proved best pool covers.
10-foot Pool Table:
- Corvette – C6 Billiard Table Cover: (click to check current price on Amazon) custom made cover provider, Corvette has some excellent pool table covers.
- 10′ Heavy Duty Cover by cuestix: (click to check current price on Amazon) again, cuestix is a well-known brand when it comes to pool covers.
Why I Picked the CueStix:
My personal choice goes with the Cuestix pool table covers. They are best known for their tight fitted pool table covers. Following are some major pointer regarding Cuestix table covers.
- They are mostly made of Naugahyde. It is a material that resembles leather but is fake leather.
- Wrinkles free factor adds long durability to their covers.
- They are very easy to wrap when they are not in use.
- Their wrapping does not lead to any sharp corners. Because sharp corners can lead to holes and other wear and tear problems related to pool table and felt.
- They are 100% water resistant, adds a level to fighting against humidity.
- Naugahyde is easy to clean. Thus, dust and other dust particles are very easy to remove and clean.
- It is very lightweight and easy to use in spite of its manufacturing product Naugahyde.
- They come in various color schemes and designs.
- Many people prefer these pool table covers because they have a series in which every pool team’s logo is printed on the top. Adding a touch of professionalism and love to this game of pool.
- They are available in nearly all pool tables sizes, i.e., 6″, 7″, 8″ and 9″. The option of Special orders for custom made pool table covers for 10″ and 11″ are also available.
- Cuestix covers are ideal for the outdoor arrangement of the pool table such as an open-sheltered backyard or open roof top.
- Cuestix covers are not that expensive. They are within everyone’s range. It usually costs between $40 – $60.
Pool Table Cover and Different Conditions:
Pool table covers come in many different types. Some vary in color schemes while others vary with temperature factor. Lets discuss them according to weather conditions:
1. Table Covers According to Weather:
Pool tables are very sensitive to weather. Imagine putting a piece of wood in a humid atmosphere. What will happen to it? Same happens with the pool table.
- Wood will become faded. It will lose its finishing touch, the paint will dry out, and wood will eventually crack if the pool table is kept in the sun for a long period.
- The felt will dry out too, and it will turn in to strong, dry trough.
- The pockets and cushions will either crack or become over sensitive to the ball bouncing or dropping, and they will eventually lose the grip.
- With sun, it is always best to have such cover which can withstand any hard weather conditions.
- With sun the air is must present. Air contains dust particles. That destroys the felt and the wood frame.
- Pool table covers with proper fitting and easily cleaned properties are ideal for such conditions.
- Maintaining a humidity level is the most crucial aspect of the maintenance of the pool table.
- If you are planning on installing a pool table in any dry region, say a desert or low humidity area. Make sure that the natural humidity level required by the pool table wood is fulfilled.
- Usually, 40% to 60% humidity is recommended to be present in the pool room.
- In other cases, the humidity causes the wood frame to start getting soft and loses the grip of the cloth.
- Felt also develops certain moisture spots and become heavy. That is not ideal for playing a good game.
- Always remember to install a humidifier in the room if the humidity is low by the pool table requirement or place a humidity sucker to absorb maximum humidity from the atmosphere.
- Such pool table covers are recommended which are water resistant and have a tendency in them to never let pass any water residue from them to the table.
With open-air installments:
- Placing a pool table in the open air is always very risky. Although it attracts a lot of attention and social gatherings but taking care of such installments are a little difficult.
- Always keep the pool table cover when it is not in use or any game is not being played on it.
- Choice of pool table covers sole depends upon the factor of water resistance and dust resistance.
- Open air placements will attract water and dust the most. Avoid any such situations where the covers are not on the table. And no game is being played as well.
With home installments:
- When the pool tables are installed in the homes. Taking care is entirely different. Because the home has another factor inclusion as well.
- Usually, children spill any liquid on the felt. Avoid such situations and always keep the cover on it.
- Any domestic pet or children can pull the cover from the pool table easily if it is in the extra hang. Always use fitted covers.
- If your kid has also developed an interest in pool games, then I would recommend you to buy a new separate pool table for your kid, that would also help them to learn and it would also help you to keep your pool table in good condition.
2. Pool Clubs:
A most common place for anyone to find and play pool is a pool club. Many pool tables are set in one single large room with people flowing from everywhere around all the pool tables. It is necessary to take proper precautions in maintaining them.
- Always keep the covers on all those pool tables which are not being used.
- Watch for any kind of liquid spill. That spill can result in damaging the felt and the wood.
- Avoid placing any liquid on the edges. This can cause the spill of liquid.
- With low lights, dust is sometimes very clearly seen setting on the pool table felt..
- Before taking off the covers, dust the covers correctly.
- Wrap the covers and place them in a safe place to avoid any wear and tear.
- Always use those heavy-duty water resistant, dust resistant pool table covers.
Things to Know When Choosing a Pool Table Cover:
A pool table cover is that accessory which comes with the pool table for its safety. Without a cover, the surface of the table is always at risk of losing its long durability and beauty. There is some general standard in choosing a pool table cover.
- A cover should be made of such material which is easy to use. That is why most of the covers are made of Naugahyde, fake leather.
- The cover must be water resistant to avoid water passing through it.
- They must be able to maintain the humidity level of the pool table.
- Easy to clean and dust is one of the most appreciated properties of any pool table cover.
- When not in use, they must be easy in wrapping.
- It can vary from loosely fit to fit cover, depending upon self-choice tightly.
- Loosely fit covers can usually cover almost all regular size pool tables, i.e., 7″, 8″ or 9″. For extra-large pool tables, particular order or custom-made covers are available.
- It comes in various colors. From dark brown to black. From green to yellow. Everyone has their own choice. But mostly dark tones are considered.
One of the best qualities of the pool table covers is the price range. Not everyone goes for the expensive lot. Getting your hand on a good quality cover with affordable price range is almost gold.
The covers can cost anywhere between $30 – $200. This is the common price range. Custom made covers have different price market.
Having a good quality pool table cover is not only a luxury, but it is a necessity. Just imagine that you bought an excellent choice of pool table which cost you a handsome amount of cash, but its felt got worn out in just two years.
Why is that? Because the maintenance of the felt was not done according to the requirements. Felt needed that nourishment of covering it.
Always remember that a proper good quality cover can save you from so much worry and wear and tear expense.