Are you tired of your old cue? Is your favorite cue is not giving the best results because it has been chipped or warped? Well, fear not as I have brought you a list of ten best pool cues.
The pool cue is a long stick made out of wood or other materials. They are used to hit the pool balls, and they are the most essential equipments of the pool game. They vary in size but not that much.
I will be explaining you today what are the 10 best pool cues in my view are and why I have selected them.
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Pool Cues in the World:
- 1. AB Earth 2-Piece 58 Inches Pool Cue/Pool Stick – Best Pool Cue Under $50
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 1:
- 2. Imperial Premier Cyclone 2-Piece Hard Rock Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue, Sneaky Pete
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 2:
- 3. Players Technology Series HXT15 Two-Piece Pool Cue – Best Pool Cue Under $200
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 3:
- 4. TaiBA 2-Piece, Hardwood Canadian Maple Professional Billiard Pool Cue Stick 19-22 Oz
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 4:
- 5. Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 5:
- 6. Lot of 4-58″ 2 Piece Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Stick 18-21 Oz with Steel Joint – Best Pool Cue Under $100
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 6:
- 7. Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Pool Cue Stick
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 7:
- 8. Viper Commercial/House 1-Piece Canadian Maple Billiard/Pool Cue
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 8:
- 9. EastPoint Sports Composite Billiard Pool Cue, Features Premium Fiberglass Material and Reinforcement, Micro-Fiber Grip
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 9:
- 10. Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue by Players
- Why I choose this at NUMBER # 10:
- Best Pool Cue Brands
- Buyers Guide for Pool Cues:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the ideal length of a pool cue? BEST POOL CUE LENGTH.
- What length of the pool cue should be used by children? BEST POOL CUE LENGTH FOR CHILDREN.
- What is the ideal weight of a pool cue? BEST POOL CUE WEIGHT.
- Can you change the weight of a pool cue?
- Can I go for a kid cue as I am short in height?
- Are there special cues for a woman?
- Which one is better? A single piece or two-piece cues?
- Does wrapping improve the performance?
List of Top 10 Best Pool Cues in the World:
Have a look at the following ten best pool cues for 2020.
1. AB Earth 2-Piece 58 Inches Pool Cue/Pool Stick – Best Pool Cue Under $50
AB Earth introduces its 2-piece pool stick with ergonomic design made up of solid Canadian maple. The wood is properly selected and goes through the finishing process to provide you with the best experience that a good quality cue must-have.
The hard butt of this cue is polished in a wavy shape, which provides better performance as compared to that of linen wrap. It is featured with an anti-slip function that helps to shoot in true direction and feels good.
The following are some quick features of this product that give you comprehensive information about this product. Let’s have a look at them.
- This stick is 58 inches long with a leather tip of 13mm over it to provide the best shot that feels good and hits your target easily.
- This stick consists of four parts, this allows you to replace the part when it starts to wear and creates hurdles while hitting the ball.
- This product completes its production in four steps, and proper care is taken while roughing and weighting the stick.
- Fine glue is used for tip
- Anti-slip butt
- Hand polished
- Pure Canadian maple
- Champions consider it as for beginners only
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 1:
I choose this at #1 for numerous reasons. However, I’ll mentioned only two here.The first is obviously its tip, which lets you hit hard shots and that’s why is probably ideal for beginners to start with, as they can devote full focus to the shot. The second is its sturdiness. The cue is made of pure canadian maple, which is enough to trust its durability.
2. Imperial Premier Cyclone 2-Piece Hard Rock Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue, Sneaky Pete
Imperial is famous for its quality products, and price tags now introduce Imperial cyclone two-piece cue which is perfect playing stick for players of all ages. It comes in different sizes. This pool stick is made up of hard rock maple and is ideal for home use, for beginners and for professional players as well.
This cue looks like a traditional one with a flat design. This cue is manufactured with dowels that make the smooth shape and ensure stability. This cue is provided with a glue tip and a rubber cap at the butt. Its simple design will provide you with a quality game that no-frill cues will provide.
The following are some quick features of this product. Let’s have a look at them.
- This cue is made up of high-quality maple wood that is kiln-dried to get better stability before going for final assembly.
- This cue goes through a manufacturing process with extreme care and removes the deficiency as small as 1/8 inch with the help of dowels to provide better shape and weight.
- The genuine 4 prong design handle makes this stick prominent i.e., rich color combination, plastic ferrule, tip with glue and rubber bumper.
- Available in different sizes
- Easy to join 2 parts
- Perfect for all ages
- Well balanced cue
- Design is not attractive
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 2:
This cue is ideal for not only beginners, but professional can also enjoy a competitive game with this cue, considering its excellent balance and weight. The cue is dead straight and has no curve at all, which improves the aim of player. The only reason for putting this cue at #2 is its design, which some may not find attractive.
3. Players Technology Series HXT15 Two-Piece Pool Cue – Best Pool Cue Under $200
The HXT15 cue is made of North American maple wood and facilitates with the most upgraded low deflection technologies. This will help to gain the most accurate shot. This cue comes with a glue stick of 12.75mm, and the total weight of this cue is around 18 to 20.5 oz.
This cue is provided with Irish linen wrap over it, and a high-quality stainless steel joint collar is used for a better joint of both parts.
The following are some quick features of this product for a better understanding of it. Let’s have a look at them.
- HXT technology is used in the manufacturing of this cue that reduces the deflection amazingly in this cue to provide the best experience.
- This cue is 30 inches long with a weight around 19 oz, that is the perfect combination and let you hit your target with perfection.
- This cue comes in traditional black and white butt divided diamond and pincher style design.
- Stainless steel joint collar
- Irish linen wrap
- Perfect balancing feature
- Soft tip ( not good for beginners)
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 3:
This cue has all the necessary features required in a cue, from a low deflection shaft to a tip that normally are on higher end cues, this cue has everything. However, the reason for choosing at #3 is some players find the grip slipper and tip too soft. Otherwise, the cue seems to be sturdy and well-designed.
4. TaiBA 2-Piece, Hardwood Canadian Maple Professional Billiard Pool Cue Stick 19-22 Oz
TaiBa is a Chinese company famous for producing a wide variety of pool cues with high quality that are also budget friendly. The cues of this company are best for beginners with several case options, as well.
This company offers an equitably low deflection and a well balancing point at a low price. This is a 2-piece cue stick that comes with different accessories with it that you need to carry it with you. For example, a hard case, a strap, and a pouch are provided to store chalk and some other necessary items.
Below mentioned are some quick features of this product for better understanding. Let’s have a look at them.
- This cue is made up of high-quality Canadian maple wood and is designed with perfect density to avoid unplanned spin.
- The length of this cue is 58 inches and provided with a leather tip of 13mm. The total weight of this cue falls in the range of 19 to 21 oz.
- It is beautifully designed and has coated with nine varnish layers to protect it from wrapping and moisture.
- Rubber bumper
- Dual weight system
- Perfect friction
- Free from deflection
- Straightness complains
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 4:
The artwork is beautiful and the color is vibrant, all in all a pretty good cue with decent weight. This cue is made of canadian maple, that makes it very sturdy, and ensures durability. The reason for choosing this at #4 is the cue is not perfectly straight. For better aim, a cue must be dead straight.
5. Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue
Viper commercial offers a single piece cue stick that is made up of high-quality hardwood. This cue is reliable, dependable, and specifically designed for use in high volume. It is the perfect cue for people who run billiard bars or snooker bars because it puts a low budget burden when breaks.
This cue comes in two different length sizes of 36 inches and 48 inches to provide a better playing experience for shorthand’s or places with low space. It is equipped with a 13mm leather tip and an ABS bumper at the bottom.
The following are some quick features of this cue. Let’s have a look at them.
- Nine layers of varnish are provided over it to avoid the wrapping and restrict the moisture that makes the stick crooked.
- This stick is made with high-quality material and is provided with a perfect balancing system to enhance the targeting experience.
- High-quality leather 13mm glue tip is provided with the stick that is perfect for hitting the cue ball without any unintentional spinning.
- Easy to grip
- Comes in different sizes
- Perfect for Large volume usage
- Dependable and reliable
- Hard to carry a single long piece
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 5:
This cue is made of quality hardwood and is budget friendly, but it is reported to have several issues. Like the tip is not up to the notch and finishing could have been better. Had the cue been finished better, it could have ended up at a better position than #5. Other than that, cue has excellent extendable feature to execute complex shots.
6. Lot of 4-58″ 2 Piece Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Stick 18-21 Oz with Steel Joint – Best Pool Cue Under $100
Here is another two-piece cue stick of Lot of 4-58” that is made up of high-quality Canadian maple. This cue comes in the pack of four sticks with different weights to provide the selection of proper cue as per needs for getting better playing experience.
This cue is perfect for everyday use, but you feel not much comfortable with it if you are a professional player or have experience of playing at an advanced level. It is provided with high-quality steel joints to provide perfect straightness and balance as well.
Some of the quick features of this cue are listed below that help you to understand it better. Let’s take a look over them.
- It is wrapped with Irish linen at the bottom half with adequate pressing, and that provides protection against peeling off.
- This cue comes with a 13mm leather tip, holds with strong glue that retains it at its place that helps to avoid spin and make a good shot.
- The length of this cue is 58 inches, with a ferrule that helps reduce the vibrations that disturb the shot direction.
- Stainless steel joint
- Easy to replace the tip
- Perfect grip
- Tip falling complaints
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 6:
With Irish linen at the bottom, the tip is well protected, has a colorful design and excellent swing weight and balance. Moreover, the grip seems to be perfect and ready for fluid movement of cue in one’s hands. The reason for putting at #6 is problem with tips, which is reviewed as extremely fragile by some and fell quickly in some cases.
7. Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Pool Cue Stick
Viking cue is the champion of making the cue sticks from over the past 150 years. It introduces its Viking Valhalla 2-piece cue stick that is made from hard rock maple and available in seven different colors. They provide extensive focus on the manufacturing of this cue to provide high-level comfort and quality to players.
Like the variety of colors, it also provides the option of cue weight in the range of 18 to 21 oz for their specific product. The butt of this cue comes without any wrapping that lets you grip the cue easily, and the rubber is provided at the base to avoid cracks.
Here are some quick features of this cue that help you in a better understanding of this product. Let’s have a look at them.
- It comes with a scuffed and shaped tip that allows you to play instantly with good perfection for the target.
- Metal threading is provided in the shaft that facilitates the player with a long-lasting and secure lock.
- Ultraviolet urethane is used in the finishing of this cue that makes its look charming and attractive.
- 58 inches of length without the wrap
- High-quality leather tip
- Premium quality maple
- Easy to grip
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 7:
A professional may not like the design of this cue, because at first look, one mistake it as a cue-size pencil and the cue is slightly expensive too – that brings it at #7. Other than that, the cue is made of premium quality maple, has a sturdy leather tip and is reviewed as a slip-free grip cue by players.
8. Viper Commercial/House 1-Piece Canadian Maple Billiard/Pool Cue
This cue is coated with nine layers of varnish to retain its straightness and provide high-quality shots that add the amazing experience of playing the game. This cue is designed for high volume usages that usually takes place in cue clubs and bars.
The following are some quick features of this product for better guidance. Take a look at them for a better understanding.
- High-quality Canadian maple is used with nine layers of varnish to protect it from moisture and avoids wrapping.
- This shorty cue is provided with 36 inches of length, and a leather tip of 13mm joined with strong glue.
- It is available in different weights and provides the choice for the player to select the cue in the weight range of 18 to 21 oz.
- Perfect balance
- High-quality wrapping
- Easy to hold
- Rubber bumper at the bottom
- Not foldable
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 8:
This cue is reviewed as dead straight to take perfect aims, with a perfect weight and balance to enjoy fluid movement of cue in hands. Not to mention its easy grip. The reason for mentioning it at 8th is the problems reported with its tip and its inflexibility, that is, it can’t be folded. Anyways, the cue is still not a bad choice for beginners.
9. EastPoint Sports Composite Billiard Pool Cue, Features Premium Fiberglass Material and Reinforcement, Micro-Fiber Grip
This EastPoint Sports 2-Piece Fiber-Tek Billiard Cue attains the length of 58 inches when fully assembled. This cue provides you to take the shot from different angles with different lengths easily and allow you to make your next target perfectly.
This cue comes in a weight of 19 oz and a perfect cue for beginners. It is constructed with a combination of high-quality materials. This cue is wrapped with a composite coating that helps the owner to protect it from wrapping and scratches.
The following are some quick features of this product to make your understanding better. Let’s have a look at them.
- This cue is provided with an aluminum tip with a screw-over it. You can replace the tip by doing on and off on the screw, and it allows you to use the different types of tips on this cue.
- It is equipped with a microfiber grip that is more soft and perfect as compared to other grips provided by different cues.
- This product is offered with a stainless steel joint system that ensures the proper joining of both parts perfectly and provides better balance.
- Premium quality material
- Composite coating
- Perfect for beginners as well
- Limited colors
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 9:
This cue is made of fibreglass material, and is ideal for beginners to start with due to its lightweight. There are a couple of reasons to put this cue at #9. First is the frequent complaints regarding its early wrapping, and second is availability in limited colors. Otherwise, the cue is stylish and has a comparatively lower price.
10. Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue by Players
Players’ D-JS white cue stick is unique for its design and quality. It is perfect for people who want a unique design that suits their personality well. It is specifically designed to provide you with better performance.
This cue comes with a colorful and unique design over the shaft that is not provided by other brands available in the market. It is provided with a rubber grip at the base to generate more torque and holds the cue with a better grip. This will help to apply more force with perfect controls on your shots.
It is made up of high-quality solid wood with a 13mm tip that provides the perfect fit without any unintentional spins.
The following are some quick features, pros, and cons of this cue to provide you comprehensive understanding of this item. Let’s have a look at them.
- Stainless steel joint collar is provided in this cue with a 5/16 x 18 pin that facilitates you with a solid hit.
- It comes in solid black Mz multi-zone grip wrap that provides different traction areas for strong grip and perfect torque. This will increase your confidence in your shots.
- This cue is made with high-quality wood that is treated with resonating that helps to protect the cue from atmospheric conditions and moistures.
- High gloss UV coating layer
- Improved torque
- Perfect grip
- Limited colors
Why I choose this at NUMBER # 10:
This luxurious cue has design, sturdiness, strong grip and is made of top quality material. Besides being long-lasting, the cue may be out of the reach of most players, because the cost is comparatively higher than other cues in this list. However, for professionals with handsome budget, this could be the best available choice in this list. Its overpricing brings it at #10.
Best Pool Cue Brands
Here is a random list of some of the best brands of pool cues.
- McDermott: Creating one of the best and high quality pool cues since 1975. In the last 40 years, it has grown into 12 different brands that are leading the billiards industry.
- Meucci: Developed and designed by Bob Meucci. They are known for providing high quality pool cues in affordable prices.
- Schon: Started by Terry Romine Sr. in 1981, Schon cue group has now transformed into one of the biggest names in Billiards industry.
- Joss: Dan started making joss cues in 1968. Since then he has come a long way. His cue featured in a movie which revived the billiard industry. He also made cues for big names like Tom cruise, Nicole kidman and paul newman. In july 2003, he was included in The American Cue Makers Association hall of fame and in March 2012, he was included in International Cuemaker’s Association Hall of Fame.
- Lucasi: Another trusted name in the industry, online dealers of lucasi custom and lucasi hybrid pool cues. They offer great quality cues in low prices. Giving the customer highest priority, they provide 60 day satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty of the cue.
- Pechauer: They are known for their high-end best custom made cues, operating from Green Bay, Wisconsin. Joe Pechauer involves himself in selecting the best woods, cutting them and dried in specialized kiln and then merged with other exotic cues to create a perfect pool cue. Parts and components are also made in Pechauer’s own custom shop.
- Predator: Predator group has now become one of the largest pool cue manufacturing brand, serving the industry for the last 25 years.
- Jacoby: In 1982, Jacoby custom cues started as Dave’s cue service in the home basement. Now after 37 years, they are producing one of the best cues in the billiard industry.
- OB: OB is short for Don Owen and Royce Bunnell, the two founders of the company. They met several years ago but officially started OB in 2005 and since then they are one of the biggest names among pool manufacturers.
- Balabushka: They are one of the most famous and expensive pool cues that exist till today. It was named on George Balabushka. For sixteen years, starting from 1959 to end at 1975 after the death of George, they made approx 1200 cues. From 1980, Adam custom cue started making Balabushka replicas in large quantity. Original Balabushka still worth thousands of dollar at auctions.
- Mezz: Mezz cues are manufactured by Miki Co. Ltd. which is based in Japan. With more than 50 years of experience, they are one of the oldest cue makers. There focus has always been on the use of advanced technology to make the game more easy and fun.
- Vikings: Vikings started handcrafting cues in 1965, as the time passed; they are now one of the biggest names in the art of manufacturing the pool cues. Vikings use the finest materials and quality control of the cue is above standard which is they are best known for. That is why their cues comes with a lifetime warranty, even against warpage.
Buyers Guide for Pool Cues:
No doubt, cues are the main part of the game if you are fond of playing the pool. The selection of the right pool cue that fits your personality and way of playing is a tricky process. You have to consider a lot of things while buying a perfect cue.
There are different brands available in the market that offers multiple cues with different features. These are made up of a variety of materials and claims to provide the best playing experience. Besides all other accessories of pool gaming, some people are always trying to select the perfect cue for better playing experience. But good players can play with any sort of cue.
Before paying for a cue stick, you need to know about specific things that make your selection perfect for your game. A good pool cue will no doubt provide a good comfort level as well as a strong grip and perfect hit for the target. This will ensure to make your next target easily.
There are different things to consider while buying a pool cue that suits you more. For example, the length of the stick, weights, material used in the construction of cue, grip area, tip quality, joint quality, and many more.
If you are a beginner and don’t know much about the cues but want to buy a perfect cue, then you are in the right place.
In this article, we will provide you a complete guide about the cues, their material quality features, and all other things that will help you surely in buying the best cue for you.
Let’s have a look over them in-depth.
Types of cues
First of all, you must clear your mind about what type of cue you want to use and for what purpose you will use it. There are different types of cues, some are for playing while the others are specifically designed for jumping or breaking skills.
- Break cues:
These cues are specially designed for breaking the chaps, as shown from its name. These types of cues are normally having more length like 58 inches or around and have more weight. These are equipped with hard tips for a solid hit.
- Jump cues:
These types of cues are used for jumping the balls when you are facing the hurdles in hitting your targets. The length of this type of cues is also big than the playing cues and remains around 40 inches. These are much lighter in weight as compared to other types and have the weight around 10 oz.
- Jump-break cues:
These types of cues are the combination of jumping and breaking cues and come in three pieces. You can easily screw all parts with each other as per your needs. For example, for break cue, you just simply attach the butt with the shaft and add an extension with this if you want to bounce the ball.
- Playing cues:
This is the type that you hold most of the time during your game and make hits. It is the most important type of cues. It has the standard tip that supports the overall playability.
Now let’s jump over the next step. In this step, we discuss the material quality of cue that is perfect for your game. Different cues are made up of different materials like solid maple wood, fiberglass, carbon fiber, graphite, plastic, aluminum, and also hybrid models that are available in the market.
If you are a beginner and excited to learn the game tricks, then you must go for cues made up of wood, graphite, or fiberglass. Other material constructed cues are expensive and mostly used by advanced level players. The recommended materials are best for learning and also budget-friendly.
Tip and Ferrule
This part of the cue is important. There are different types of tips and used for different purposes, as we discussed earlier. The selection of tip also depends on the purpose for which you want to use it. But the recommended tip is the one that is of medium tips that are made up of leather and glue is used to attach it with the cue.
The ferrule has its own importance. It is a thing that controls the vibration while hitting the ball. This will ensure the proper hit without any unwanted things and provide you a good feeling that adds comfort.
Some other things to consider
There are also some other things that you have to consider. For example, the length of the pool cue is important.
As we discussed, the earlier length of cue depends on the purpose of use, but you have to select the length as per your height. The short length will make you face difficulty in playing distance shots.
Steel joint collar is normally made up of stainless steel and helps to make proper joint when playing. This also helps to ensure the straightness of cue.
Wrapping of cue helps to protect the cue from different conditions like moisture and scratches.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ideal length of a pool cue? BEST POOL CUE LENGTH.
The standard size of a pool cue is 57 inches (4 feet and 9 inches) for one-piece cue and 58 inches (4 feet and 10 inches) for two-piece cue.
What length of the pool cue should be used by children? BEST POOL CUE LENGTH FOR CHILDREN.
Children or people below average height should go for 48 inches (4 feet) or 52 inches (4 feet and 4 inches) pool cues.
What is the ideal weight of a pool cue? BEST POOL CUE WEIGHT.
The standard pool cue weight is from 18-21 ounces. If you prefer a lighter cue then you should go for 18 or 19 ounce, otherwise for a heavier cue, you should opt for 20 or 21 ounce cue.
Can you change the weight of a pool cue?
Yes, it’s possible but not every cue allows you to do so. Even if there is an option of changing the weight, consult someone who has experience.
Can I go for a kid cue as I am short in height?
No, there are different sizes of cues that are available in the market that supports your height and enables you to hit your target perfectly. You can opt for 48 inches or 52 inches cue.
Are there special cues for a woman?
No, all the cues are designed irrespective of gender. Both males and females will use the same cues for playing.
Which one is better? A single piece or two-piece cues?
Both cues provide the same function for specific types. This feature is only available that allow you to fold the two-piece cue and carry with you easily where you want while the single piece is normally for putting in racks only.
Does wrapping improve the performance?
Basically, wrapping is used for multi-purposes. This will help to protect your cues from different conditions and also help to grip the cue properly.
No matter what kind or type of cue you plan to buy, I would suggest you first to make sure that you super relax with it. Buying a pool cue is quite fun as well because you get to try on different cues from different brands.
You will feel pretty relax and confident when you will choose the pool cue this way. You will be sure that you have selected the best cue for you, and you will also know that cue will bring you surprised joys as well.
Also, never forget that maintaining a cue is very important. You must clean it properly, on a regular basis to avoid any kind of chirping, dirt consumption or debris residence in the joints and tapers areas.
If you are to follow the above mention rules and tips, I am sure you will end up with one of the best cues.