They are sensitive to weather like moisture and humidity, and also, they must be kept in such positions that the sensitive parts like joints and tips don’t get damaged.
So, in this perspective when you go to buy cue cases, you get confused because the market is offering you a vast variety in both types. So, I must mention here that there are two types of cue cases;
- Hard cases
- Cue sleeves
Sleeves are like those covers made out of special clothes, but they have a risk of cue damage with them. They are not made out of hard shells, and they cannot protect cues from any hard hit or fall.
Whereas hard shell cases are those who not only have more space available for cue storage, but also other accessories can be placed as well.
So, I will be explaining about my favorite type of cue case and will guide you with enough information regarding the cue cases. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
My Top Three Picks in Cue Cases:
Following are the best three cue cases to protect your beloved cue from the outside world.
1. Billiard Depot 3B6S:
Excellent option to store three cue butts and six cue shafts. It offers strong durability and padded bottom for the cue’s protection.
2. Iszy Billiards Hard Pool:
It is a straightforward single cue holder. Being lightweight and comfortable in usage, Iszy Hard Pool cue cases are one of the most selling cue cases out in the market.
3. Pro Series Premium:
Known for its vast storage capacity, these pool cue cases provide enough space for four cue butts and eight cue shafts. It is a light weighted, easy to carry case with huge pockets to store other important cleansing materials.
Why I Selected Billiard Depot 3B6S:
- It is one of the most desired and well-made cue cases available in the market at the moment.
- One of the biggest advantages to have this type of cue case is that it has space for more than 1 cue. You can store 6 cue shafts and 3 cue butts in this case.
- Its outer body is made out of hard shell which provides all possible safety a cue need. Also, if the case gets a fall or it drops or gets knocked over by someone, the cue remains undisturbed and safe in it.
- You can store different types of cues like jump cue or break cue with your regular cue in it as space is enough. Due to this option, you don’t have to rely on just one cue to play the whole game with.
- It also has side pockets in which you can store chalk.
- For you to carry it, it is provided with shoulder straps which are adjustable, another point in its benefits.
- The material used in its manufacturing is vinyl which is very durable. If you take proper care of it, this cue case of 3B6S will last long with you.
- The cues are placed in different sections or dividers. So, they don’t come in contact with each other and don’t get damaged.
- The inside material is made in such a way that it is weather resistant because even the slight change in temperature for a long period of time can make your cue warp. So, your cues remain protected from humidity and harsh weathers like too sunny.
- Also, the inside of the cue case is moisture protected so inside is also pretty safe in this regard.
- It is not that heavy to carry as it weighs 1.36 kg.
- Some say that this does not come with cushion inside to protect the cues, but I found one with cushions and they were perfectly fine. So yes, that did seal the deal for me. As it was a complete package.
- Sometimes the shoulder strap can cause you some worry as it is not directly attached to the case but other than that, I am giving it 100% satisfaction.
Features to look for in a cue case:
When you have selected a cue case, and you are about to finalize it, I say you must follow the following points and check them accordingly, I am sure you will find the best cue case for your cue.
One of the most important factors to consider while looking for a cue case is the space it is offering. One cue is fine by all means but what if you want two cues? You cannot go around carrying two bags.
I always opt for those cue cases which have space for more than two cues. Sometimes, we keep changing the cue butts and cue shafts to bring variety to the game of pool, so it is good to have this option at hand.
Always look at the materials from which the case is made out of. Hard shell outer covering usually provides maximum protection. Cases made out of hard rubber are also nice as they also offer hard protection.
Also, keep an eye on the inside of the case as in what material is used inside. Because you need as much inner protection of your cue as much, you need from outside.
Liquid spills can happen at any time. Your cue case must be water resistant as the water can always go inside and create moisture which is never good for the cues.
Also, other weather conditions resistance is an additional benefit which you must look into.
Now, when you are opting for such cue cases where more than one cue can be stored then carefully check the dividers. How are they made? Is there enough room for one cue part? Are there cushions in the end and above to protect the ends of the cues? You must ask these questions and only when you get satisfied then go ahead with the purchase.
Weight is significant as they always get heavier when cues are placed in them. If they are heavy, then you will get tired much quicker and carrying them while traveling will not be easy.
I am sure if you follow these pointers you will surely get a good cue case.
I am sure by now you must have understood that cue safety is very important. It is not like every day you land your hands on your favorite cue. Also, only a good conditioned pool cue will allow you to apply spin and gain control on the cue ball.
Also, when you have purchased your cue, then you must provide all possible care to keep them safe and secure for long term durability.
Whether you go with the sleeve case or the traveling box case, cues should be protected with as much care as possible because even a little chipping can make your cue lose its integrity and strength.